Life around has been crazy.
We hit the ground running in January.
Kevin's grandmother (who was 104 years old!) passed away in her sleep January 6th with three of her grandchildren next to her. Kevin was one of those. I'm so glad that he was able to go and be with her. Wow, how special to live to be 104 & die surrounded by the ones who love you the most! She was surrounded all of that day leading up to her passing by all of her family & those who loved her immensely.
We ended up traveling up to see the family and were able to view her before the viewing- which was very special.
Katie-Beth took the passing of "Grand Baby" extremely hard, but I can truly see the hand of GOD working in her heart. She has been reading her Bible & praying on her own a lot more lately- & has been asking a lot of questions concerning salvation. I feel the day approaching when she will decide for herself to be a follower of Christ & that is so special to me. To be able to see HIM at work & know that it is not because of pressure from anyone on this earth- that is seriously so special to me. Kevin & my hope has always been that our children decide to follow him- in their own time & not because of pressure to achieve anything. That when they are saved - they have no doubt that they are. I'm passionate about this subject, maybe that calls for a blog post of it's own :)
January has also been a lot of decision making. We've decided to list our house... to see if we can make a significant profit. (we do that in March). We've been waiting to see what is going to happen in the gas & oil industry. Kevin's job has been steadily letting folks go-- and that can be scary even if you think you're "safe" from the cuts. But we have a peace that we are in God's hands.
We've had a lot of friends with needs... needs that can only be brought to the King. Some of those have been tough.
We have finally decided on a church! This is exciting for many reasons. Honestly, we've had a difficult time of it. But, I believe that we have settled in our minds & hearts what He's asked us to do. He's asked us to trust HIM. To put our hope in HIM alone. Not to lean on our own understanding of how we think things should be. And so we are happily worshiping each Sunday morning as a family- and that is a blessing.
I will try to do a picture update-- we've done a lot of school related things. I also have a fun Christmas Party post I'd like to try to get up! So, check back for more.
Love to you all,
A
No comments:
Post a Comment